Monday, May 15, 2006

Thursday Night Gaming: lots of people

I'm behind on this post. I'm sick, the kids are sick, bleah.

I taught Chris and Matt how to play Attika, my current fascination in gaming. The two-player version is more of a brain-burner, since you're always feeling time pressure. With three people, it's lighter and more forgiving. I haven't gotten in any 3-player games since I bought it, and still haven't gotten in any 4-player games with my copy. It's variable, is the problem. If you blunder, or someone else makes a great play, well, they win, you lose. Might be after 15 minutes, might be an hour in. Maybe you'll all have to just keep on placing buildings efficiently.

Crystal, Tim, and Michael played San Juan in the other room, and then Lee joined them for 6 Takes. As it turns out from a phone call today, this is Tim's last visit for a little while - he's got shingles, which is caused by the same bug as chicken pox. Since the girls aren't up to a bout of chicken pox right now, I guess we'll see Tim in 4-6 weeks.

Gamecount: Individual game sessions played for the year = 78, New game titles played for the year = 16.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home