Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Elizabeth Grigg updated her blog; On Hiding Things

Elizabeth Grigg had about 6 catch-up blog posts in the last day, but the ones I liked best were this one about leaving painful phone messages and this one about blogs that admits failure and human error, as opposed to presenting a single side. I identify strongly with both. I like the notion of writing about weakness, as well as hoped-for strengths.

I write for a lot of readers, including but not limited to Elizabeth herself.

My family and my wife's family.
My "hip" co-workers who I have clued in.
Various friends and gaming buddies.
Bloggers and other friends I rarely meet face-to-face.
Everyone on the internet.


Two stories, basically true:
-------------------------
One of my co-workers said her 8-year old son told her the following joke:

Q: What's a word that begins with F, and ends with UCK?
A: OH MAH GAWD.
Q: Mom, it's firetruck. The word is firetruck.
A: But... but... you know the other word?
Q: Yeah, but I don't say it because it's not nice.
A: My baby is growing up! **WEEPS**


-------------------------


My wife and I were driving past the mall at I-10 and Gessner.

Q: Oh, wow. They're opening a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory in the mall.
A: Mmm, chocolate.
Q: Yeah, it's not as popular as the Brokeback Mountain Chocolate Factory.
A: (Laughs so hard she nearly drives off the road.)

-------------------------

I'm also writing for my current and future employers. See, nothing about VERY SENSITIVE SUBJECTS or CURRENT WORK CONDITIONS, GOOD OR BAD. I'm cool like that. Sub-zero stealth bloggin' is what I do best. I hear a certain company got new laptops that are totally awesome, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home