Saturday, November 17, 2007

Memoir '44

I did a bunch of computer stuff on the dinky computer. Trying to install Wordpress through the magic of apt-get failed, failed, failed, by the way. I also installed Debian on an old laptop with only a floppy drive and a semi-broken screen. That was pretty cool. Other than the broken screen, it could be a nice little mailserver or webserver.

Chris and I played Memoir '44, a World War 2 boardgame, on Wednesday. It was interesting and more fun than I thought it would be. There are three zones in the battlefield, right/left/center, and you have a hand of command cards with things like "Move 2 Infantry in the RIGHT zone."

We kept making jokes about it: "Just like in the real World War 2." By the end of the night, it was a running gag. "I can't reach the cookies. Just like in the real World War 2."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home