Tuesday, October 30, 2007

To Court A King - what's the value added?

I've been obsessing about To Court A King. Tom Lehmann's cute little dice-rolling game has been described by some as "Yahtzee:The Gathering," referencing seeking dice combinations and variable player powers. After playing it at Marty's, I've been looking over the excellent fan-created reference cards over at the BoardGameGeek.

The real question: do I buy it? I have been trying to describe it to my wife, but she's not all that interested. She's got a point - we already have Can't Stop, an excellent dice-rolling game that is easier to explain and shorter. The variable powers aren't much of a draw for her, but on the other hand, she hasn't played yet, so it may be a function of my poor descriptive skills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home