Saturday, August 04, 2007

Dallas Gaming

Last Tuesday while I was in Dallas for Netbackup 6.0 for Unix training, I got to see my old college buddies Jacob and Julie, and play Cathedral, Carcassonne: The City, and Munchkin.

I was a little disappointed by Carcassonne: The City. There's a city wall, and little random chits are given out as a reward for scoring certain values. That part was good, forcing decisions between scoring early and building for higher totals. The artwork is just uglier, and the completist in me would like to see the entire city filled up, rather than have several gaps left at game's end.

The Munchkin game we played was unremarkable, except in brevity. Jacob and Julie both ascended rapidly to level 9, and from there Jacob went to 10. Rough stuff, all around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home