Monday, June 04, 2007

How to tell if your medical claims website sucks

  • It requires a login to download claim forms
  • The login failure requires you to email or call support
  • The login message to email or call support doesn't include the email address or phone number,
  • You email them but get no immediate response - did the email die? Did it succeed? Who knows?
  • You get the phone number you need out of a totally-unrelated PDF on the website
  • The main page is written for investors and the salespeople trying to flog the system
  • The website violates basic usability guidelines in every way and generally makes you so angry you can't even blog about boardgames
  • The customer support rep on the phone can't email the form. She has to fax it (!!)

Good work, Acclaris! You have constructed a sucky medical and dependent care reimbursement website. Your children are fat, yet also bad at video games.

Why can't I get the form I need via email? Is it because you hate America? You know, I could email this rant to your CEO using the information on the website more easily than I could ask for claims support via email. That's pathetic.

Your "Contact Us" page contains only the "sales" email. That doesn't make me want to buy your service. Seeing that is exactly when I decided to write this post. I have given you all the information needed to fix your website.

When you spend money on website development, it actually makes you money by reducing those expensive, irritating phone transactions. Fortunately, I'll be on a different system soon, and you can go on faxing (!!) your claim forms to angry, angry people who could have just downloaded the form from your website... presuming it didn't suck.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I concur, Acclaris does suck. I pay medical expenses with my Acclaris debit card. The expenses go through but, because they almost always request more documentation they de-activate my card. And now they are reporting to the IRS the expenses as income and I get a 1099 form to file with the IRS. Acclaris may just be following Government regulations but, they operate just like the IRS. Your guilty until proven innocent. The medical reimbursement accounts are not worth the time and energy it takes to manage them and are typical of all government run programs, too complicated and convoluted to be of any good.

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I concur, Acclaris does suck. I pay medical expenses with my Acclaris debit card. The expenses go through but, because they almost always request more documentation they de-activate my card. And now they are reporting to the IRS the expenses as income and I get a 1099 form to file with the IRS. Acclaris may just be following Government regulations but, they operate just like the IRS. Your guilty until proven innocent. The medical reimbursement accounts are not worth the time and energy it takes to manage them and are typical of all government run programs, too complicated and convoluted to be of any good.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home