Sunday, October 21, 2007

Ra and more Ra

  • Played Ra over at Larry's with Larry and his brother Phil. High scoring game, I won 76-56-56.
  • It ended up that Tim and RJ came over. That rocked. We played Puerto Rico (I won 49-47-35?) and Ra (I lost, 40-39-27).

Ra has the virtue of being an auction game that doesn't require much advance strategy, which means I don't have to do a lot of hand-wringing before bidding. It's back in print at a reasonable price, too, thanks to the good folks at Uberplay.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Technically, Ra is currently out of print. Uberplay allowed the license to lapse earlier this year. Rio Grande Games has picked it up and will be doing a proper reprint next year.

Although I'm sure Uberplay still has a hojillion copies sitting around, probably sitting in Tanga's warehouse!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Todd D. said...

Dan, I've never bought anything from Tanga because I like obsessing over my purchases for a long time. I've seen some decent deals on there, but they didn't make sense for me at the time (I already have Ra, etc.).

Good catch on the licenses, too.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Great Game! Its such an addicting board game.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home