Thursday, June 01, 2006

Saturday night lateness at Kevin's

Over Memorial Day Weekend, Lee and I got more sleep than usual.

That is important and relevant. Both of us have had creeping crud - some kind of virus the girls brought home from day care. Since attendance there is low for the summer, hopefully we will get a few months off from the endless parade of penicillin deriviatives in our fridge. No, we are not giving them antibiotics for viral stuff. What do I look like, a college medical center?

Gaming: I headed up to Kevin Nunn's place on the far northwest side to get in on his all-day extravaganza. Most of the extravagance was past, leaving only Kevin, his wife Debra, my friends Amy and RJ, and Jean, who I have gamed with a couple of times before but not gotten much of a chance to talk with. (Yes, yes, with whom to talk. Screw you guys.) They were lackadaisically working their way through some Dragonball Z boardgame, put out by Fantasy Flight, I believe. As I understand it, one of them got it for $2 during a Funagain sale.

Claiming hunger, they adjourned, and we all went to Denny's. We played Smarty Party, which I had never tried before. Cha-ching, one more game played for the year. I would describe it as "Huh, an okay trivia game, I guess." By the time we got back to Kevin's place, it was 2 am, and I was crashing.

It was good to see everybody again and hang out for a little while.

I have a couple more games played so I'll post again soon. I also have a Linux/Wordpress related post cooking.

Gamecount: Individual game sessions played for the year = 85, New game titles played for the year = 18.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home