Monday, May 22, 2006

Saturday fun at the Houston Gamers; also speculation on pricing

After a whirlwind tour of 12 garage sales and one thrift store with Alexis in the morning, I got the girls down for a nap and headed up to Enigma's to catch some mid-day gaming.

I was greeted with some surprise by the regulars, since these days I rarely arrive before 9 pm.

Ray Mulford, who runs the Houston Gamers website, was raring to teach Ubongo. He, Michael Denman, Maura, and I played. It took about 5 minutes to teach, and 15 minutes to play.

Maura and I then played again with relative newcomers Toni and Tyler. I can definitely see buying this game, although I might wait until an American version is released (there's evidently a Dutch and a German version). I checked 2 online retailers, neither of whom had it in stock. One didn't list it at all, the other listed it for $36.50. I guess I'd still buy it. If it were $18.50, it'd be an automatic purchase, though.

Toni, Tyler, and I then played Ra, the most complicated auction game ever. It's great. Tyler and I had played once before each, and we were still rusty. Tyler ended up collecting tons of monuments and absolutely destroyed us. Ra used to be out of print and hard to find, regularly selling for $70 and up. A recent reprinting has driven online prices down to about $25.

Yayy! Please keep those reprints coming!

Gamecount: Individual game sessions played for the year = 82, New game titles played for the year = 17.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home