Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Outlook, why you gotta cut me like that?

I can NEVER avoid hitting Control-Enter when I'm composing emails. Control-arrow does cool stuff, so does Control-Backspace, and Control-Delete.

Hitting Control-Enter sends the email, bypassing the spell checker and everything. No warning, just zip-zap, away it goes.

As Dave Barry would say, "BAD WORD, VERY BAD WORD, EXTREMELY BAD WORD."

Twice in four days, people. Oh, so angry! VERY BAD WORD angry! The TO field is at the top, and the text box is at the bottom. I work from the top down and so if I hit Control-Enter with my hands clenched in fists of rage*, I send the VERY BAD WORD email and then I say, "VERY BAD WORD - VERY BAD WORD, BAD WORD, EXTREMELY BAD WORD!"

Uh, I also tend to compose emails with a rough draft, then go back and clean up anything that doesn't make sense, so if you get an email from me and it appears to be half-written, just send me a reply that says "VERY BAD WORD VERY BAD WORD." Alternately, my kids may have bumped me as I was typing.

Did I mention our corporate email has a feature for deleting emails if you sent them by VERY BAD WORD mistake? I'm spoiled.

This is a rant, not a request for alternate email clients or to install any plug-ins, although I hear if you like Thunderbird, you can get some at the liquor store really cheap. **

--------------------------
* That is a very long song, possibly the longest song they play on the radio, ever. It's still better than U2's "Sunday, Bloody Sunday"
** Heh. Give me a break, I'm using Firefox. I'll get there eventually, you hippies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home