Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Don't vote for Galvan

Recently, I got blogspam from some guy named Galvan. I read the Voters' Guide. He's as crazy as mittens for snakes. He keeps saying his website over and over in the voters guide, and says he is qualified to be a City Council member "...because I am Galvan." This argument, ultimately, fails:

He wants to legalize marijuana. Fine, many do.

He also wants to legalize prostitution.

Galvan tells us this will bring new tax revenues, and keeps repeating variants of his name. I must conclude one of two things:

1. Galvan doesn't know anything about economics or sociology.
2. This is all some sort of hoax to see how many votes he can get, since he's looney-tunes.

Go look at his website at galvan.org. No, really. Open a new Firefox tab and go look. I'll wait.

You did? I'm sorry. Now ask yourself: does this person deserve your votes? Or does Galvan deserve a beating? He can't even get his blogger page links to work right. He's got giant tiled graphics, multicolored scrolling text on black backgrounds, animated gifs, and so on.

How is going to his page convincing us to vote for him? It's not. What method does he propose of taxing prostitutes? I don't know, because his website doesn't tell me. Am I going to have to fill out a 1040-P, Form to Report Pimp-Related Earnings? Only hardcore libertarians, as a voting block, want prostitution legalized, and even then, they're against taxes. Who is Galvan's constituency? Not web designers, that's for sure.

I'm going to chalk this one up to Unskilled and Unaware of It, and move on.

If anyone wants to produce a credible 1040-P form, that'd be great.

1 Comments:

Blogger Todd D. said...

Galvan returns. Did he even bother to read this post and respond in any way?

No, he spammed my blog instead.

I'd vote for a C.H.U.D. before voting for Galvan. Notice how he's glommed onto another fringe candidate. I like Kinky Friedman and all...

Does Kinky need Galvan's help? Does Kinky want Galvan's help?

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home