Saturday at the Houston Gamers
Saturday I headed out to Midnight Comics to catch the Houston Gamers and got in a ton of games. Some of the usual suspects were missing, due to Gulf Games going on this weekend. Nevertheless, I got in a lot of good stuff:
- 2-player San Juan with Tim, won by a single point. Built a gold mine on the 5th turn to counter Tim's 3rd turn gold mine, and mine never paid out.
- 4-player Race for the Galaxy with Tim, Debra, and a guy whose name I never caught... I won 39-36-29-25. This was a learning game for Tim and Debra, so it's not like I was playing for blood.
- Von Kap Bis Kairo with James Spurny, Doug, and Jenny. Lots of tough decisions in such a little package.
- Light Speed with James, Doug, and Jenny. Doug won with 17 points, the rest of us failed to break 10...
- Naval War with James, Doug, and Jenny. I hadn't played this Avalon Hill classic before.
Flickverk with James, Doug, and Jenny. A cute little speed game by Friedemann Friese.
I also saw games of Last Night On Earth, Elfenland, Tribune: Primus Inter Pares, Reiner Knizia's Money, and Arkham Horror hit the tables. They had already played Pandemic and Metropolys, too.