Sunday, January 21, 2007

Project Wonderful?

I notice that Jeffrey Rowland has added Project Wonderful ads to overcompensating.com, and so I started researching and calculating.

There are 5 ads showing on the main page, each paying an average of about 80 cents. Basically, if you want your ad on a page, you bid higher than the current cost of the ad. The price is per-day; as long as you're the high bidder, you pay that cost until someone bids higher.

Project Wonderful takes 25% of the cost, so that's a gross profit for Jeffrey of 60 cents times 5 ads times 365 days a year is a cool grand, give or take.

Huh. Bear in mind here that Jeffrey's website rocks, and he's been drawing good, snarky webcomics since the internet was a pup. I know it's important to get all monetized and stuff, but... geez.

I realize the ads fluctuate up and down. Also, Project Wonderful pays out at $10, whereas Google AdSense pays out at $100. I believe I can't give out my exact Google AdSense revenues, but suffice it to say, I am not exactly rolling around in a Scrooge McDuck money bin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home