Thursday, September 07, 2006

El Grande at the Houston Gamers

I have been trying to get this posted for a few days now, but have been distracted by my new job and the Magreaux dog.

Larry and I went over to Midnight Comics on Saturday night and discovered that everyone was across town at the San Jacinto event, gaming all Labor Day weekend. We ran into the other Todd, Todd C. who's pretty cool and has a big stack of games in his trunk, including Railroad Tycoon.

We played Larry's new copy of the new Decennial edition of El Grande. It's got a giant stack of all the El Grande expansions ever printed, but unfortunately also has a number of typos, most of which Larry had found and corrected on the action cards. This was Todd C.'s first play, and he got up to speed quickly. Larry won, with Todd C. in a close second and me last.

I might have won, except I let an opportunity go by for a scoring card that left me totally out and put me 20+ points behind in the middle of the game. I was catching up, just not quickly enough. I traded off my other edition of El Grande recently in a Math Trade; at some point, I'll re-acquire the newer Decennial edition to get all the expansions, too.

Gamecount: Individual game sessions played for the year = 142, New game titles played for the year = 26.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home