Friday, March 24, 2006

Mid-week gaming: Magic Wednesday

Yesterday, Tim came over and we dug into a few Magic $1 repacks my FLGS put together.

We then played several games of Magic. Eeh, not every day has to stretch your limits.

After Tim left, I got out my extra cards and put together a beginner's stack of cards for my friend Tom and his son Chris. Chris plays a lot of Yu-Gi-Oh, and is definitely ready to move up to Magic, at least as far as strategic depth goes. I think Tom will get a lot out of it, too, not the least of it being that the market for Magic cards is a lot less screwed up than the Yu-Gi-Oh card market.

Wow, those commons I picked out were icky-awful bad. There were quite a few skill testers there in the bag. I did manage to include most of the major mechanics in the game for cards in all the colors, a few artifacts, and a couple weird lands. I hope it takes; it'd be sweet to have some more casual players around.

Gamecount: Individual game sessions played for the year = 57, New game titles played for the year = 14.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home