September is re-evaluate and retrench month
- The Great Miscellaneous Item Purge of August: Awesome, except for the huge number of items still not stowed fully. The girls' rooms and the downstairs are much less likely to be targets of huge, avoidable messes.
- Having Daria in day care as needed: Awesomely flexible. Daria is also more likely to go to day care willingly.
- The Reduction-Of-Red-40-Project: Awesome, definitely worth the effort.
- Computer projects: Bleah. All over the place on this. Bought a little wireless keyboard for the downstairs media pc, and love it. Bought a new power supply for the upstairs media pc, and it didn't work... that means possibly dead motherboard including cpu and memory. Have been experimenting with Linux wireless, which is a huge pain in Debian. I need to try it in Ubuntu to see what's up for that distribution. Have a number of dead/dying computers that need triage decisions.
- The Great Attention-Sucking Reduction Purge: I deleted 80% of the Facebook games I play and don't miss them.
Other thoughts: played Thunderstone x2 with Alex, Magic x3 with Tim, also Race For The Galaxy with Lee. Board game day with Troy et al., was Can't Stop and Puerto Rico x2, Board game day at Nich's was Pizarro & Company with Amy Pike et al., and an abstract prototype of Nich's with Kevin Nunn. Also Glory To Rome with Chris B.