Saturday, November 12, 2005

Spyaxe: How to remove Spyaxe malware

From some browsing, it seems that Spyaxe.com has had some trouble with their affiliates. One of them supposedly has set up this weird spyware change, to drive traffic to Spyaxe.

To their credit, they provided a cure (not to me, to some other guy who posted this in some forum somewhere. You can't find any of this on their website, which is remarkably poor customer service. It's at http://www.spyaxe.com/uninstall/uninstallers.zip which is a zip file containing two tiny .exe files (!!) which, when unzipped and run, cured my problems instantly.

Instantly, minus the three hours of registry-rejiggering, virus-scanning, AdAware/Spybot Search And Destroy, et cetera.

1 Comments:

Blogger Todd D. said...

Paul,

If I had read my own post, I wouldn't. Also, that site looks like a bumper-sticker covered pumpkin and STILL involves running an unknown EXE.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home