Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Board game madness: ebay madness

I bought 2038. That's crazy:

1. I like the game designer, but...
2. I don't have time to play it.
3. I haven't played it before.
4. I'm not even 100% sure I wanted it, except in an abstract "I want to own this" way.
5. I bought it because it was a "good deal" on ebay.
6. I've read strategy articles on the 'geek for it, because of #1 but in spite of #2 and #3.

Worst of all, I'm playing around with designing an 18XX train game myself, so playtesting my design would come before playing this in my order of preference. (In our regular Thursday group, Chris is president of a small game design company, Tim's got a cyberpunk game prototype, Larry is an enthusiastic prototype player, and R.J. doesn't like testing games.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

You just bought a game that takes 6 hours to play?!? That's eBay madness alright. Run in fear!!!

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home