Wednesday, June 01, 2005

How to not build a website

Today's Penny Arcade comic had a dig at Scott McCloud of Understanding Comics fame, known as well for penning the lesser successor Reinventing Comics.

Soooo, I went back through the archives, found another Scott McCloud-related cartoon, as true today as it was then.

The Penny Arcade creators mention, in that post, a company called Javien, who have a micropayments solution that's pretty good. So I clicked on the link from 6/22/01, just to see if they have a website.

They do. There's a link for a demo of Javien's solution. Oh, wait, they've just commited a CLASSIC web blunder: ask for way too much information before I care. Plus they want to know if I'm interested in the ASP or Enterprise version of their software. I know what these terms mean. Nevertheless, why do I have to make this decision now?

Don't make me think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home