Sunday, August 28, 2011

Late Saturday Gaming: Through the Ages Severe Beating

After getting the kids to bed and the dinner dishes cleared, I headed over to Nick's.  I ended up assuming Ed's position in a Through The Ages game.  He had gotten amazingly shafted on resources; I ended the game in 3rd place (of 4), about 80 points behind the leaders.

After that, I barely lost a game of Glory To Rome to Nick and John E.  - Glory To Rome is an outstanding game, and I'm always happy to play it.

Nick and I talked about dice, the high costs of specialty magazines, what's on his to-be-played shelf, and laser etching.

I dropped off one of the two loaner copies of The Magicians and picked up a stack of books to read.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger __ Eric Martin said...

The sequel to the The Magicians is now out - The Magician King. Haven't read it yet but my partner says it may be even better (and darker) than the first. Can't wait!

6:38 AM  
Blogger Todd D. said...

I read the first few pages in Barnes & Noble. Absolutely can't wait to get a copy and dive in.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home