Wednesday, June 04, 2008

First of the gift cards arrived, so I spent it all at Amazon

I leverage my good credit by signing up for credit cards, getting $100 rewards after the first purchase, then canceling the cards. I just got a Starwood Preferred Rewards card that I'm going to ditch for sure, and I got an Amazon.com gift card in the mail yesterday.

Normally, I'd have gotten a reward that would benefit the household, then trade it to the household at a discount for actual cash (nobody hands out gift certificates to Time Well Spent, sadly enough). The reward selection was not as big as I was expecting. I almost traded it for Continental miles, since at some point we'll need to travel again, but there's a cash excise tax that you have to pay when you do that.

The Fiskars stuff and card stock is for board game crafting, and I bought Ubongo because it's cool. There was a They Might Be Giants exclusive, but Amazon went out of stock in the last week, and doesn't know when they'll get more.

Shipping Method: FREE Super Saver Shipping
Subtotal of Items: $99.78
Shipping & Handling: $15.28
Super Saver Discount -$15.28
Magazine Promotion -$5.00
------
Total: $94.78
Gift Certificates/Cards: -$94.78
------
Total for this Order: $0.00


Shipping estimate for these items: June 10, 2008 - June 11, 2008
1 "Slanky"
Mike Doughty; Paperback; $10.80

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
1 "Wausau Paper 49411 Index Card Stock, 8-1/2 x 11, 110-lb., White, 250 Sheets/pack"
Office Product; $11.49

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
1 "Fiskars 12" Portable Paper Trimmer"
Kitchen; $21.00

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
1 "Fiskars 12x12 Self Healing Craft Mat"
Kitchen; $14.50

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
1 "Ubongo"
Z-Man Games; Toy; $29.99

Sold by: Eric Robinson


The first issue should arrive between July 21, 2008 - August 18, 2008

1 "Esquire (2-year)"
Magazine; $12.00

Sold by: Hearst

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home