Saturday, June 28, 2008

Cost of pets

I know other bloggers have written about the high cost of a sick pet. Of the two other guys on my UNIX team at work:
  • One has a cat that required a $1500 operation.
  • One just received the news that his dog has a hernia and requires a $2000 operation.
Sometimes I feel fortunate that Lee is allergic to cats. I also can't think of a dog appropriate to our situation - anything small would be too hyper, and anything large enough to enjoy wouldn't have enough space during the day.

Growing up, we had tons of pets on the farm, and it was definitely a good experience to care for and see them grow. I think it also helped me deal with death on a small scale.

Alex is getting old enough that she could potentially care for and appreciate a small pet like a hamster or a gerbil, but I don't know if I have the mojo to clean up after another creature in the house!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home