Friday, February 15, 2013

The Houston Gamers have lost a friend

One of our friends, Doug Curry, passed away Thursday morning.

He is survived by his wife and adult children.  Doug was a gamer, but more importantly, he was a great human being who was an all-around good guy.  My memories of Doug are all happy ones.

Please, tell your friends and family you love them, because you never know how much time any one of us has.

As I head off to Owlcon today, there's a lump in my throat because I never told Doug how much his presence at the game table was appreciated.  Seeing the folks I see rarely will be bittersweet with the knowledge of Doug's passing, and I'm going to do my best to thank those people for the joy they bring to the world.

Everyone who's participated in my gaming experiences, I appreciate you!  Take good care of yourselves.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Found your blog at random. I've been a longtime Houston Gamer - we've probably met at one time or another.

Is this the Doug Curry who used to play Star Fleet Battles all those years ago? Big guy, curly ginger beard?

I am truly sorry to hear of his passing.

Eric Nussberger
nussbeep@gmail.com

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home