Thursday, March 13, 2008

The story of the Ghost

I made a Ghost image of Lee's hard drive on Tuesday. Ghost is a powerful software package that lets you clone entire hard drives, or make backup images of hard drives. Her computer's been acting a little flaky, so in addition to doing a little bit of touch-up work, I used Ghost to make a copy of her whole system drive onto another hard drive I had lying around.

Realistically, I probably should do the same thing to my own computer, but, um, I don't have any hard drives big enough to make the copy in full.

Seriously, though, Lee's whole setup copied in 17 minutes, and the spare hard drive's now disconnected. If her motherboard fries like in her last cheap computer (last time the hard drive was the only gear that survived), we've got a backup no matter what.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home